Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Best hangout place!!! - The public Library.

This might sound corny for people who don’t love to stick their nose in to the smell of books…I love books…at least to be surrounded by them. Somehow my crazy reading habit is not that old. It all started when I was in college. But I still remember how I used to read through all the prose before even the school started.

Needless to say, I was the happiest person to find the Public library very near our house here in Bear,Delaware. I was stunned by the way public libraries function here. Of course, am in a different country and I should expect something diferent from India, but I long for such things back in India too. I remember how I and my ‘book-wormish’ gang used to go to the public libraries just to find torn papers for books, back in Chennai. Here the libraries function like communities. They celebrate summer festivals, arrange kids craft contests and so on. I love being here…at least with a library near home.

1 comment:

Pradeep Nair said...

No wonder the country you are presently in, is what it is.

The strength of nation, I always believe, is the strength of knowledge as seen through its educational institutions and libraries. And, in this respect, few nations outdo the US of A.