Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ek Choti si baath...

Some simple incidents in life sometimes seem very interesting. This is one such for me.

Yesterday, I felt very sleepy and kind of boring at office. Being in bench and out of project has its own merits too… ;) Hope my boss doesn’t catch me dozing off!!

Just kidding boss!! I never sleep at Office. He..He..He..

I thought of going home a bit earlier. So I took a BMTC bus(Bangalore Metro ) back to my home.I got a seat in the bus and it was the only seat that was free. And many of the Ladies seats were occupied by some gentlemen. In one of the bus’ stops an older woman boarded the bus with a heavy luggage. She stood near me with her baggage hoping she could somehow find a place to sit. The gentlemen averted their eyes from her and pretended to gaze through the window, too reluctant to offer her a seat. First I thought they would not have noticed the old lady. People are more selfish than I thought. Nobody wanted to provide a place for her to sit. Something pushed me to offer the seat to the lady. And I did. People were still minding their own business of gazing through the window or pretending to do so. One guy saw me standing through the corner of his eyes and quickly averted again. The way the guy acted seemed so silly and stupid to me. I could not keep from smiling.Being selfish is one’s own wish and I am really not here to justify anything…From a Politician to a BMTC commuter,a place to sit means a lot na?

3 comments:

Deeps said...

hmmm..interesting, but this is not the first time am hearing though...in many instances, i have offered the seat to a old persons..and yes, people usually dont care...

Anonymous said...

Hiii Priscilla , Im Harsh, even I own a blog, but as if now it's shut, no time to write n busy in work...:-(
Well...I became a fan of Deeps on the same day when i heard him Radiocity, he inspired 5 of my friends as well...
Well....saying bout ur blog, ur writing style surely a pleasure to read, a mixture of humour n simple yet effective words :-)
Keep it goin, i'll be a regular reader of ur blog.

Pradeep Nair said...

I don't agree with segregation of seats and the separate doors for the two sexes. But I play by the rule and don't sit on seats reserved for women, though it is common to see this rule violated. Insensitivity to other people is there all around -- whether it be a seat on the bus, or a comment about you. It's great if one can see humour in it, not once but always. Greater still if you can philosophise it like you have concluded your post -- "From a politician to a BMTC commuter, a place to sit means a lot na."